San Antonio is a shining star, ranked as one of the top cities in Texas and across the entire United States. With 3.2 percent job growth and only 3.9 percent unemployment, Forbes magazine places the city in their top 50 Best Places for Business and Careers. On the leisure side, San Antonio's numerous activities and attractions draw nearly 26 million tourists each year.
If you're moving to one of our Springs San Antonio communities, you'll want to immerse yourself into the local culture right away. Here are suggestions from our leasing and management team to help you move and get settled quickly and efficiently.
- Learn as much as you can about your new home ahead of time. You may be on a tight schedule now, but it's not going to ease up once you get there. Do your homework so you're ready to hit the ground running.
- Are you bringing a pet along? Don't forget to plan enough food and water for the trip. Check with San Antonio's Animal Care Services to make sure your pet is in compliance with all regulations.
During the Move
- Pack necessities like toilet paper and coffee makers in clearly marked boxes and place them in an easily accessible area of the moving truck.
- After a day of moving, who wants to cook? Use that first night to start exploring local restaurants by ordering carry-out or delivery.
- San Antonio's official website will get you up to speed on the local government as well as vital information such as emergency services contacts.
- Dreading that wait in line to update your driver's license? The licensing mega center lets you "get in line" on your cell phone so you can take care of other business until you receive a text letting you know your spot is coming up.
- Register your car at any tax office or one of the 20 authorized title service locations throughout the county.
- Newcomers of San Antonio is a social organization designed to help new residents become familiar with the city and make friends through luncheon and coffee meetings as well as a variety of special interest groups.
- Visit San Antonio keeps a comprehensive calendar of the top sports, cultural and entertainment events in the area.
- San Antonio is a wonderful blend of rich history and contemporary style. Get to know all aspects of the city's personality at iconic sites and neighborhoods such as River Walk, La Villita and the Alamo.
- Head outdoors and enjoy San Antonio's natural beauty. The city's Parks & Recreation department maintains a number of facilities that offer activities such as hiking and biking, disc golf, skateboarding and swimming. They also sponsor programs and classes in art, dance, fitness, science, fitness and other popular interests.
Our Springs communities hold a number of special events to encourage our residents to meet and mingle. We hope to see you at one soon!