If you're relocating to one of our Springs luxury apartment communities in San Antonio, you can find plenty of tips about packing and other logistics of moving. But relocating is about more than simply transporting your possessions to a new home.
Here are some suggestions from our Springs leasing teams that focus on the mental and emotional aspects of relocation for a smooth transition.
Doing Your Homework
- Check out SanAntonio.gov and VisitSanAntonio.com. The city's official website is a great reference point for information about local government and services along with helpful maps and statistics. VisitSanAntonio.com keeps you connected to the city's social and entertainment side.
- Take a virtual tour of the neighborhood. Thanks to online tools such as Google Earth, you can "visit" specific areas from your smartphone or laptop.
- Search out and join relevant social media sites. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are valuable sources for up-to-date news and real-time chatter from other residents.
- You can preview Springs Apartments by taking a video tour, taking a live online tour or by using Springs’ 3D floor plans to get a good feel for the layout of your new home.
- You probably won't want to prepare dinner on your first night in your new apartment home. Get recommendations for a good pizza place or take-out joint so you can enjoy a relaxed, stress-free meal.
- Organization pays during unpacking. You'll make better progress and feel more accomplished if you unpack one room at a time instead of taking a scattered, piecemeal approach.
- There's no deadline for unpacking! Go at your own pace. Use this opportunity to experiment with different style choices you may have considered.
- All work and no play can make for a rough start. Take breaks and explore the many attractions and activities in our unique city.
Putting Down Roots
- Set a goal of striking up a conversation with at least one person wherever you go, whether it's a grocery store, coffee shop or doctor's office.
- Bookmark sites like San Antonio Current and NOWCastSA to stay informed about local news and community affairs.
- Take your pet for a walk or head over to our leash-free dog parks. You'll have an automatic conversation-starter with the other pet owners you'll meet.
- Use your GPS to find your way around. Once you feel comfortable, turn it off and "test" yourself.
- Use sites like Meetup or sign up for parks and rec classes to meet people with similar interests.
- Give family and friends a Skype or FaceTime "tour" of your new digs.
- Join other residents at happy hours, holiday gatherings and other festive events hosted by our on-site management team.
Providing great customer service is our number one priority. Stop by any Springs San Antonio office anytime with questions and suggestions, or just to say hi!