When you're looking for a luxury apartment home, the choices can seem endless. The truth is that they are. Each apartment comes with a different combination of features and amenities, and they can eventually start to blur together.
Don't be discouraged! With a bit of planning, you can create a wish list of features that will help you zero in on your dream apartment.
1. Determine Your Lifestyle
This is the number one question to answer before beginning your list. If an apartment doesn't accommodate your lifestyle, you'll never be happy in it no matter how many amenities it has.
Don't go into a lot of detail. Just come up with a high-level answer in a couple of words that sums up your overall lifestyle.
- Do you have a family? You'll probably want a pet-friendly community in an area with good schools.
- Are you a college student? Your budget will be your top consideration, and you're likely to need an apartment that's large enough to share with roommates.
- If you're active, you'll look for an apartment with convenient places to work out and easy access to the outdoors.
2. "Design" Your Dream Apartment
Make a list of all the amenities and features you would include if you were building an apartment from scratch. Remember, it's a dream so nothing is off-limits. This will form the master list you'll work from.
Now it's time to start narrowing down your choices. Go through each item on your list and place them into one of two categories.
- Deal breakers are those features that you can't live without. Be honest with yourself. You might initially think you can compromise, only to find yourself regretting it later.
- The remaining features are the ones that would be nice to have, but they're not essential. If you're sharing an apartment with a roommate or roommates, these are the areas in which you can negotiate and compromise.
4. Don't Forget...
When people think of luxury apartment amenities, features such as swimming pools, central air conditioning and walk-in closets are usually what come to mind. Here are some that are easy to overlook.
- A floor plan goes beyond the number of bedrooms. Do you work from home? Would you prefer an open kitchen?
- Is mobility an issue for you or anyone else who will be living in the apartment? In that case, a ground-floor home would be essential.
- A garage can provide better protection for your vehicle as well as additional storage space.
At Springs, your comfort and happiness is our main concern. In fact, your satisfaction is so important to us that we'll release you from your lease for any reason within 30 days of your move-in.
Our Springs on-site management teams are happy to answer any questions you may have about our luxury apartment communities.