According to the National Multifamily Housing Council, there are nearly 2 million apartments in the United States. With seemingly endless combinations of features and amenities, how will you ever find the luxury apartment home that's right for you?
Once you identify and rank your main priorities, you'll be able to quickly narrow your options to a manageable number. Where do these features fit on your personal list?
The fanciest apartment in the world won't feel like home if you're uncomfortable in the neighborhood. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you prefer city or suburban areas?
- How long of a commute are you willing to live with? Is access to public transportation important to you?
- If you have kids, how good are the schools? Are there a lot of young families in the area?
You might consider the lease as a standard feature, but it establishes the parameters of your residence in a particular community. Make sure the terms are ones you can easily comply with.
- Does the monthly rent fit within your budget?
- Are different lengths of time (three months, six months, one year) available? What happens if you have to move before the lease is up?
- Is the community pet-friendly? If so, are there any corresponding fees or rent?
In our connected world, access has become an important consideration when choosing an apartment. Between computers, tablets, smartphones and streaming services, WiFi is almost a necessity rather than a luxury. You should also decide whether cable or satellite service is something you'll want in your home.
4. Floor Plan
You'll often find several different floor plans offered within a single apartment community. Do you want the ease and convenience of a studio, or does your lifestyle call for one or more bedrooms? In addition, most communities have more than one floor to choose from.
Are you comfortable with an absentee landlord who has to be contacted in case of an emergency? Or do you prefer an on-site management team along with a 24/7 maintenance team?
6. Features and Amenities
It's easy to get tempted by a lot of bells and whistles, but you can definitely save money and be more satisfied with features and amenities that suit your lifestyle. Here are a few examples:
- If you love to cook, a well-appointed gourmet kitchen is a must.
- On-site fitness centers make it easier to stick with your workout goals.
- Garages are useful to protect cars, but they can also serve as storage space or an additional "room" for hobbies, etc.
Once again, the choice is yours. Prioritize the available features and amenities and decide which ones are deal breakers.
At Springs, our top priority is the comfort and satisfaction of our residents. We pledge to provide customer service that exceeds your highest expectations. Stop by one of our communities and learn more from a friendly member of our on-site management team.