As a relocation professional your job is two-fold: to satisfy the needs of the employer for whom you’re working, and to put the transfer in a residence that will make him or her (and the family) happy! Employers are, ultimately, satisfied when their employees are content in their new surroundings, so knowing what transfers want in a new apartment home is critical to a successful relocation. We can help you more fully understand what it is they’re looking for and what they value by sharing some of the insights that were revealed during a recent Springs resident survey.
Location is Key
Most residents said that location is one of the most important considerations when looking for the right apartment home, and that makes sense – no one wants a long commute to work. But a good location is about more than just convenience; renters want their home to be in a good neighborhood, and one that’s not far from shopping and restaurants. That’s one of the reasons you’ll find Springs Apartments close to entertainment opportunities, as well as those related to sports activities, work, nightlife, schools, medical care and more.
Other Key Considerations
After location, the other key considerations included:
- Apartment amenities. Amenities like laminate flooring, black or stainless steel appliances, high ceilings, ceiling fans, and private outside entryways are some of the touches that our residents say make apartments feel like homes
- Floor plan. Residents like open floor plans that enhance the spacious feel of an apartment and make entertaining easy
- Gated communities. Maybe it’s because of the perceived exclusivity of a community that’s gated, or perhaps because residents must enter a code that verifies him or her as a part of the community, but renters taking the survey stated that having a gate at the property’s entrance was one of the features they appreciate most at Springs communities
- Proactive, engaged service from friendly staff. Residents feel taken care of by our leasing teams, all of whom make it a priority to be eager, enthusiastic and available at all times to help with any issue a resident might have
- Garages. Springs residents, many of whom have attached garages, confirm that this is a feature they value for a number of reasons, among them: 1) how easy a garage makes getting groceries and other loads out of their trunks and into their apartment; 2) the fact that a garage eliminates the need to scrape snow off a car or endure rain when getting in or out of their cars; and 3) the protection a garage provides against the effects of heat and sun in the summer
- Special amenities like Springs’ complimentary Breakfast On the Go, reservable community rooms close to resort-style pools and convenient car care centers where residents can wash their vehicle and top off fluids
- Responsive maintenance crew. It’s important to residents that their needs are a priority – appliances are fixed quickly, that leaks are attended to or that window screens are repaired in a timely fashion. Springs maintenance teams address residents’ needs the way they’d want their own addressed!
- Clean, well maintained property. Residents appreciate the effort that goes into keeping our common areas clean, lawns manicured, flowers watered, sidewalks clean, pool areas tidy…the list of what Springs teams attend to every day is lengthy!
We encourage you as a relocation specialist to use this list as a guide for finding the right apartment home for your next transfer. In additional to “givens” like value for their monthly housing budget and a convenient location, we’ve highlighted some of the considerations transfers use in determining how well an apartment home addresses their wants and needs – and that you should be, too!