Tax day shouldn't fill you with dread when you are living in Chicagoland. Instead, you can enjoy all that this great city has to offer by planning a fun filled day to escape your tax worries, or spend your recently discovered tax refund.
5 Amazing Things To Do In Chicago For Tax Day
Whether you don't have to work on tax day, or you are playing hooky for the day, here are five activities that will make you happy to live in or near Chicago.
- Head To The Willis Tower Skydeck. -- Far too many local Chicago residents have missed out on the Willis Tower Skydeck; fortunately, you can make up for lost time this tax day by standing in a glass box that is suspended 1,353 feet above the streets. This birds-eye view is a great way to take in all that the city has to offer, while simultaneously offering a pretty fantastic Instagram shot. If you want to avoid the tourist crowds, then be sure to head to the Willis Tower Skydeck after dark but before it closes at 10pm.
- Enjoy The Free Lincoln Park Zoo. -- Do you want to watch monkeys swinging from branch to branch? Are you an armature bird watcher looking to hone your skills? If so, then the Lincoln Park Zoo is the perfect place for you to enjoy tax day. The Regenstein Macaque Forest, historic McCormick Bird House, and the sea lion shows are all must-see activities. Afterwards, you can relax at the nearby Café Brauer for lunch, a view, and a delicious cocktail.
- Take A Walk Down Memory Lane Flipping Through Old Records. -- Any music buff will tell you that an afternoon spent flipping through records at Dusty Groove is an afternoon well spent. This Chicagoland iconic record store specializes in blues albums, soul music, Afrobeat, reggae, and jazz. Their extensive inventory features everything from the well-known to the completely obscure.
- Laugh Away Your Woes At Second City. -- Did you know that before Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Chris Farley, and other comedians became famous they spent their nights making people laugh at Second City? This amazing Chicago staple will have you laughing until you can't stop. Be sure to stick around for the encore, where comedians will test out new materials and work on their improv skills.
- Stroll, Bike, Or Run The Lakefront Trail. -- Tax day shouldn't leave you with a feeling of dread when the beautiful Lakefront Trail awaits. This 18 mile path follows the coast of Lake Michigan and is the perfect place to forget about your worries, all while getting in a great workout.
Enjoy Chicagoland Living From The Comfort Of Spacious Apartments
Whether you want to live downtown Chicago, or prefer the convenience of apartments in Romeoville or apartments in North Aurora, thanks to the Metra, comprehensive bus line, and the L, living and getting around the Windy City has never been easier. If you want to enjoy pet-friendly, spacious townhomes, and a sense of community, then be sure to visit Springs at Weber Road, Springs at Orchard Road, Springs at Canterfield, and Springs at South Elgin. These four stunning apartment complexes combine the space of Chicago-suburban living with the convenience of easy access to all of the fun activities that Chicago has to offer.